UCI method for the hardness testing
The UCI hardness measuring method complies to ASTM A1038.
The ultrasonic contact impedance (UCI) probe is purposed to be used for hardness measuring in the case of the testing area minimal thickness (from 1 mm), objects of complex surface shape, and for measuring surface hardened layers hardness.
This method is very fast and easy: place the probe on the tested object surface, press the probe with the required effort to the surface and save the hardness value, shown on the display of the device. Small size diamond indenter allows measuring hardness value of all items, which are thicker than 1 mm. The UCI method of hardness testing is the least destructive because the hardness tester NOVOTEST T-UD3 with UCI probe leaves much smaller prints (imprints) than the majority of bench hardness tester would. That’s why a portable hardness tester with UCI probe is the best choice.
- UCI probe types 1 kgf (10N) 2.2 lbf, 5 kgf (50N) 11 lbf, 10 kgf (98N) 22 lbf
- Leeb probe types D, DC, DL, C, D+15, E, G
- Measuring range HV:230~940; HRC:20~70; HB:90~650.Tensile strength, MPa 370~1740
- Measuring accuracy HV:±3%HV; HRC:±1.5%HRC; HB:±3%HB
- Indenter Diamond Indenter (UCI), Hardened ball (Leeb)
- Measuring direction Any direction 360°
- Data storage Limited only by the memory card
- Communication Upload data to PC and export as a spreadsheet (USB cable and software included)
- Hardness scale HRC, HB, HV, HRB, HS, HL, MPa
– Ultrasonic (UCI) probe – pre-calibrated for steel.- Dynamic (Leeb) pre-calibrated for steel, alloy steel, cast iron, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, copper.- Additional custom materials for calibration.
- Data display Load applied/contact (UCI), Angle (Leeb), Single test result, Max, Min, Average of tests, Number of tests, Deviation, Var. coeff, Histogram, Signal and Smart Mode (Filter of incorrect measure-ments).
- Indication Color LCD display (320×240)
- Operating environment Temperature: -20°C ~40°C; Humidity: 30%~80%R.H.
- Power supply DC 4,5V (3 pc batteries AA)
- Instrument dimensions 160x75x30 mm
- Net weight Approx. 0.3kg (Without probe)
- Battery life Approx. 10 hours.
No hay valoraciones aún.